Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Ongoing trek.

Finally on my way to the continental US. Expected to land in Chicago around 6:00 AM.  Despite a delay in Hawaii from mechanical issues, again, it looks like we're making up time and going to get in just in time to connect for my final flight. My journey home started Saturday night in Manila (Saturday morning by US EST). I'll be arriving home Wednesday morning. Four days later. I have never had such a negative experience traveling or with an airline. I highly discourage anyone from using United. The customer service is terrible. They barely meet the bare minimum of offering lodging, limited food vouchers and ground transportation. I got a token "we're so sorry" of miles or travel voucher. They don't even have enough hot meals on their planes to feed everyone. And it's not like they're free. I can't even pay to get food. By the time I'm done with this 4 day fiasco I will have stayed in 3 hotels of varying comfort levels and cleanliness. I will have been offered limited meals or funds for food or time to get food averaging 1 "meal" per day, a lack of courtesy and no sense of being truly apologetic for all the inconveniences. I guess their attitude is "oh well, shit happens, deal with it". I will not be extensive with the details of my experience for the airline at this point. But upon my return, the airline with be getting an earful of my displeasure. I may find it necessary to "share" my full experience publicly through social media to increase awareness about the poor quality of their fleet, the poor attitude and treatment by their employees and and overall failing performance across the board. 

No comments:

Post a Comment