Monday, March 30, 2015

Traveling home is part of the adventure

Left the Philippines Saturday night. Flight was delayed leaving due to the need to remove a passenger. Arrived late in Guam so with the late arrival and the long very slow TSA line I Just made it the gate for my connection. Or so I thought. Boarding was delayed due to the plane not being ready. And once they started it continues for 2 hours to let everyone going through security make their flight. So already 2 hours behind but I still had hope to make my connection in Honolulu. Doors finally close, pull away from the gate, start to taxi and the pilot comes on "we have a problem with the plane and we have to go back to the gate". They tried to fix it with us still on the plan but ultimately we had to get off. Sat around for hours. Already knew I missed my connection. But still hoped to at least get to Hawaii. Got back on the plane. Still not working. Flight officially cancelled. Get off plane,pick up luggage and head to ticket counter to re book. Spent at least 3 hours in a very slow line. After spending 12 hours at the airport I went to the hotel for a few hours only to return to the airport at 2:00 am to try again. Alas, same story. Plane failed to work and ended up back at the gate. Anyway, waited awhile before I decided to get back in line an re book. Not confident in this plane even if they say they fixed it. Just as I reached the counter they officially cancelled the flight again. Hoping I get out tomorrow and be home 2 days later than expected. Meanwhile, I'm experiencing island on Guam for the day. At least I was out of the airport before noon. Just want to get home. Really, I do...😊


No comments:

Post a Comment